We have been working with the puppies everyday exposing them to lots of surfaces to walk on, toys to play with and many visitors of all ages. We are also letting them spend a little time in all the rooms of the house. They are still listening to their CD with every sound you can think of playing. We also use the "Rule Of Seven" by Pat Schaap as a guideline to help mold happy, confident puppies.
They are all doing great and it's fun to see their personalities develop.
The Rule Of Seven by Pat Schaap
(We have adapted it for OBX puppies to Rules of 9 and 12 – it’s a minimum of 7 by 7 weeks, but it shouldn’t stop there… 9 by 9 weeks & 12 by 12 weeks are ideal)
By the time a puppy is 7 weeks old, it should have:
1. Been on 7 different surfaces: carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl, grass, dirt, gravel, woodchips, etc......
2. Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items, wooden items, milk jugs, etc.......
3. Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen, car, garage, laundry room, bathroom, crate, kennel, etc....
4. Met and played with 7 new people: include children and older adults.
5. Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and seek, go in and out a doorway with a step up or down, run around a fence....
6. Eaten from 7 different containers: metal, plastic, cardboard, paper, china, pie plate, frying pan, etc....
7. Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, laundry room, bathroom, x-pen, etc...
|Arendelle laying on a bath mat|
|Fun visitors from Raleigh...|
|new surface to walk on|
|Playing King & Queen of the aluminum pans...|
|Anna hiding out|
|Grass to walk on and a ball to learn a little boxing|
|Lydia loves all the puppies but her favorite is Breeze|
|Lydia and Elsa|
|Lydia and Arendelle|
|Memaw and Kristoff|
|Dinner time... Yum|
|Aunt Sally & Anna|